Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Unfair

Monash University Sunway Campus is extremely unfair.
What would I comment about it?

I'm a SAM student who get ATAR 90 (considered as a not bad result)
However, I came from a Chinese education background.
Hence, my English not as good as others.
But at least I tried to work hard on it.

oh yeah! My English didn't meet Monash U entry requirement.
That's why I took IELTS.
That time, before Chinese New year, I was so hardcore on it.
Even though I was suffering from diarrhoea and vomit, I still worked hard for it.

Hoho.. What to say?
My overall IELTS result is 6.5
I thought I've touched the entry requirement
Can you imagine how happy I was that time?

Today, finally I submit my result to Monash.
you know what?
They SAID CANNOT!!

wth! Just because my speaking test is below 6.0, which is 5.5
It's unfair you know?
I argued with my ATAR score, hope that they're mercy.

I said, since I have such a ATAR score with this English level
This shows that I'm actually quite a hardworking student.
I really study.

Do u know what she said?
She said, "There is no compromise for English."
Isn't it great? They allow people with ATAR below their entry requirement, which ATAR70 to enter their Monash University Sunway Campus
Isn't it obvious? Many of them who get lower than the requirement most likely not in the category of "hardworking", but probably in the category of "playful".

How nice that they don't even want to negotiate about the English.
Alright. I really feel like entering for February intake.
So, I tried to negotiate that I'll retake IELTS test after I get in into Monash.
They rejected.

Alternative way 1: Retake IELTS.
Alternative way 2: Join RM9500 course, provided by the university itself.

Both ways are just wasting time as I need to wait until July.

Do you think I can't follow up the syllabus?
Because I can't do well in English?

Do you think people who can write and speak well literally in English can score high?
Not necessarily, right?

How can you judge a person in such way?
Don't even give a chance to negotiate?

Why must "touch the English requirement BEFORE entering"?
This policy is killing me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try to understand that all the syllabus are thought in English. The only reason for them to not accept your university entry is that they fear you may not be able to catch up in class due to the language it is conducted in, leading to more problems such as being behind lessons. It's all for the good really.

Though so, congrats on the results. I'm sure you've worked extremely hard for it, given the state of health you were in.

Anon :)