Monday, May 7, 2012

Malay Wedding

 The very first time I went to Malay wedding yesterday.
It was my parents' ex-colleague's daughter gets married.





We finally arrived to our destiny,which is the pengantin perempuan (bride)'s house.
Fortunately we didn't miss the wedding ceremony. 
Frankly, I'm glad to have this opportunity to take a look of the wedding of different race/
This type of chance is rare to me.


I found out that there was a red carpet along the walking way, and I googled it.
Results, the Malay spouse is treated as ROYALTY when they get married.
Really 5 stars enjoyment, to be KING & QUEEN for 2 or 3 days (duration of their wedding).
 



Tables and chairs (in the 2 pictures below) are exclusively only for their family.




YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA ^^v
Went into the Malay house, different from my expectation.
The house is decorated in a unique classic way, wow! It's nice!




 The bride's BED!!!! 
I'm so in love with it, and of course with the flowers and chocolates on it



 FREE candle. 


Malay food is incredibly delicious, just rice with chicken curry and beef curry are more than enough.
By the way, I confirmed something here: I hate syrup, it tastes like medicine.
No thanks!! 







Oh here they came!!!!


The bride and the groom walked in on the red carpet, with the traditional drum music.
 Not dang dang dang dang..... those music we heard in church.
(Of course! They're MUSLIM not CHRISTIAN) forgive me.


They really look like royalty.

 They were followed by their family members.


Then, they sat like SULTAN & PERMAISURI
fuishh! Mereka seperti pinang dibelah dua <3
They're so matching.  This was truly a grand wedding!


 After that, there was a silat (Malay traditional knife) performance in front of them.



 They also receive greets from the elderlies in their families.






 Alright. I really saw something that I've never seen. No remorse.

Do you know there are more guests than the chairs?
Why?
The guests will not stay for a long time.
They greet, they eat, they go home.

Unlike Chinese wedding,
People will sit on their chairs and walking around there until the wedding ceremony ends.
 
















THE KIDS ARE PLAYING DOWN THE DRAIN (longkang).
different culture, they really play wherever they like.


2 comments:

Tired girl said...

grandest malay wedding i've ever seen too =D

Florance Khoo said...

The first and only grand Malay Wedding I've attended, so no comment LOL.